Air Meal

Swooping in for a landing, an Atlantic puffin brings a meal for its chick on Scotland’s Treshnish Isles. Puffin parents make up to eight food runs a day; each bird can grip 20 or more fish in its beak.
Air Meal
Air Meal
Photographer Danny Green explains: I spent a week on the Treshnish Isles, a small offshore island photographing a range of different seabird species. My main target was the Puffin, these birds can be very tame and confiding and after spending some time with them I can see why it is one of the nation’s favourite birds. I took over 2000 images of puffins in flight but only a small percentage were in focus as they are so fast in flight. This one was heading straight towards its burrow with its catch to feed its young chick. It is my all time favourite image.

Photographer: Danny Green 

No comments: